Monday, September 21, 2009

Idyllic Sail on a Saturday Afternoon

Here's a short video clip I shot on board Moonbeam this past Saturday afternoon looking aft from the cabin. A beautifully crisp fall day with a good 15 knot easterly breeze and waves in the 2-4 foot range. After rounding the outer bouy, I took a reach on a 330 degree heading and flew like the breeze for a couple hours before heading back. The ghost of Davy Jones is NOT at the helm - I have an auto pilot that comes in handy on long passages. If not for the press of real life, I could have kept on going all the way to Canada! They say that owning a sailboat is 80% work and 20% pleasure - I can well agree as I think of scrapping away every flake of bottom paint over the fall, winter and early spring two years ago, but that 20% on days like these makes it all worth it!

2 comments:

  1. What music is that playing in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Derek and the Dominos with Eric Clapton doing "Layla." Part of my collection of vintage music on my Ipod!

    ReplyDelete